Thursday, June 21, 2007

Piper's Pies at Raffles City

PRICE: $3 for a small pie

FOOD: Yummy!

Decided to have a light dinner and since my sis and I were always curious about the nosh sold at Piper's Pies, we decided to give it a go. My sister ordered a Spinach Cous-cous pie and I ordered a Piper's pie (chunks of beef with black pepper). The meal came complete with a Lamington.


Above: Piper's Pie

The Piper's Pie was absolutely yummy. It was served piping hot. Look my dear readers, it wasn't merely warm, it was smoking. Usually places serving pies do warm up the pies. However, they don't really heat them to smoking levels because of the fear of burning the puff pastry. Talking about the pastry, it was fluffy and wasn't too thick. I hate it when my pie is all puff and hardly anything within. Thankfully, my Piper's Pie had pieces of chunky beef in it. Tender to the bite, I enjoyed chomping through it.


Above: Half-eaten Piper's Pie

My sister's Spinach Cous-cous pie was a vegetarian pie, with spinach and pumpkin as the main stars of the pie. If you like quiche, you will like this.


Above: Spinach Cous-cous

We completed the meal by sharing a Lamington which, is essentially two layers of sponge cake with chocolate icing and dessicated coconut drizzled on it. On it's own, it would be a little too sweet for my tastebuds. However, we had it after our pies (salty) so it wasn't that bad, rather good in fact.


Above: Lamington

This little Australian pie shop really does serve very authentic pies, reminiscent of the pies I had in Australia. I will definitely want to try their other pies also. It was so good that I bought two for my dad and mom.

No comments: