Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Casuarina Prata

SPECIAL MENTION: Very near Lower and Upper Peirce.

PRICE: $0.70 for 'kosong' (plain prata) to $3.50 for something more special like Mushroom Cheese Prata

FOOD: YUMMY!

This is the place where I get my bi-monthly or tri-monthly dose of the horribly unhealthy PRATA! I love Casuarina Prata and am very glad that it is very near my home. My sis and I decided to go there for dinner because we were stranded at home without dinner. We chose to sit outside and not in the outlet because of the grease smell that lingers. We ordered 4 'kosongs', 1 Mushroom Cheese prata and 2 Milo Dinosaurs.


Above: Prata

Personally, my favourite prata is always the good ol' unadulterated prata. The 'kosong' prata at Casuarina has a crispy and flaky edge. Apart from the crispy edge, the center was doughy and chewy. I like it that the ghee smell wasn't very strong. We were provided with fish currry and chicken curry. I preferred the fish curry because the slightly sour taste of the curry went well with the sweeter taste of the prata.


Above: Fish Curry

The Mushroom Cheese Prata is essentially prata with melted cheese with sliced mushrooms folded into the prata. It was yummy! Basically, I love mushrooms with their au naturel MSG. Surprisingly, it was a nice combination. But, definitely not for those who are watching their sodium intake.


Above: Mushroom Cheese Prata

Milo Dinosaur is essentially iced milo with lotsa undissolved milo powder topping the drink. It is a very sweet drink only meant for people with a very sweet tooth, like me! The sweet and milky taste quells the spiciness in the curry.


Above: Milo Dinosaur

No comments: